Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Taking a chance on Chance.


The adventure continues!  For those who don't follow me on Facebook, Chance is a Sheltie that I took home for a couple of days, just because I missed having a dog and because I really like Chance.  His owner, Stephen Lee, was going to rehome him in December, and I thought I might be able to find someone to take him. And so I did.  Me.

I took Chance to be groomed today at FairWinds Grooming Studio.  
 
Before his grooming session

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After--he looks thinner, but much fluffier.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Daryl is another goat person and a premier groomer in the state of Maine. She instructed me how to do a careful and thorough grooming, a necessary task for a double-coated Sheltie. He wasn't thrilled with being washed, dried, and brushed, but he was so well behaved.  He looked less than thrilled, but took it all with only a bit of a "hang-dog" look ;)
Chance with his cap on to protect his ears.  


Oh my gosh, the fur that came out of him! 
 
Check out that pile of undercoat!
He looked thinner and felt softer afterward.  He had a "burdock clip" a few weeks ago, so his ruff and quite a lot of the guard hairs are missing.  Now he's brushed and clipped, and even his paw fur is trimmed.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he's like in 6 months after his coat grows in and he's had 6 months of raw diet. He's beautiful as he is now, and when he's all grown in again, I'll bet he'll be stunning. 




He's certainly a happy dog! I think he likes having a person all to himself, especially one who plays ball and throws toys for him. Yeees, he's here to stay. I don't know if I picked him or he picked me, but I love having him around. One of the side benefits, too, is that now I have to get out and walk, because he needs walks--even though he spends a good part of his day chasing and barking at squirrels. (Those pines are TALL! The squirrels keep getting away!)
 
He's definitely my boy, and I'm grateful to Stephen Lee for pushing him on me for the past year. Smart man! He knew Chance was meant for me.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment