Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Beginning

I’ve wanted to do this for a long time, just take off, see where my car would take me.  Actually, there are a few things I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but they all roll into one.

I’ve wanted to be utterly dependent on God, looking to Him for all my needs, trusting only in Him and not in the arm of man.  I’ve wanted to find time to stop, take my time, not have to be somewhere by a specific time, be able to take a walk, explore a village, see what’s around the next bend, maybe get out my sketch book and play.  I’ve wanted to go to French Canada, to Church historical sites, to visit friends along the way, to look up long-lost relatives.  If my car breaks down, I want to have the freedom, emotionally and physically, to stay put in the place where I find myself and throw out a tent or get to the next town over and get a temporary job and see how we fit together, that new place and I.  I’ve wanted to couchsurf, meeting new people along my windey way, venturing forth unafraid into the world (or so I tell myself), see how other people live, exchange thoughts and ideas. 

Life is my oyster.  I want to swallow it whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment