Sunday, June 25, 2017

A Sunday walk

While I’m waiting for a car, I've been walking every day, if for no other reason than it feels good..  Prescott Hill Road has very light traffic so it’s a perfect place to walk, and a quiet Sunday afternoon is the perfect time.  Irises were in bloom along the road today, and in the blueberry field, bluets abounded and strawberry flowers raised their heads to buzzing bees.   
Irises growing on Prescott Hill Road


Bluets in profusion

Strawberries grow everywhere!
How beautiful is the view from the top of Prescott Hill! It’s easy to forget when I’m in my house nestled in the trees that Penobscot Bay is a mile or less away.
The Bay peeking through the trees

and what a panorama from the blueberry field!

View from the road into the blueberry field
As I walked through the field, I gazed upon the bay.  It's a breathtaking view!

The road home is downhill; I save the easiest for last.


No comments:

Post a Comment